Entry #8 Covid-19 & The Workplace
So I work at Barro's Pizza on 59th and Thunderbird and we're considered an essential workplace since we can deliver food. With all the drama going on about Covid-19 my managers want to take every precaution they can to protect all of the workers, which is a great thing. We always get customers that come in to pickup their order and they wont be wearing a mask or gloves and they will be coughing and sneezing and they will use their hand to wipe their nose and get mad at me for putting gloves on to take their payment. It sometimes scares me how much people can care so little about their own safety and other peoples safety and do stuff like that. After we have a major rush I take a bleach towel and wipe everything down that anyone could have possibly touched, which is pretty much everything. It is also surprising with how many people leave their house during this "pandemic" to get food and possibly expose their kids to possibly getting infected. My parents were scared at first just because of all the hype in the media so they were scared when I told them that I still had to go to work. Which I am really happy that i get to still got to work because of how many people do not have jobs right now and are not able to pay their bills or insurance. my brothers job got closed so he is struggling to pay his car insurance and wants his job to open back up.
Comments
Post a Comment