Entry #7 What's a Hashtag?

People often use hashtags to show their pictures to other individuals using the same hashtags. I know that you can make a hashtag for pretty much anything. For instance, if somebody posts a picture on instagram about their car they can include hashtags about the model of car or the kind of parts they have put on their car. I have never used hashtags myself but I feel if I did use them I feel like I would not use any that are excessive or ones that I do not need to use for my post or whatever I am doing. Right now with everything going on in the world I know that COVID-19 is a popular hashtag as well as anything oil related because of Saudi Arabia and Russia. Normally anything related to politics becomes a popular hashtag just because people like to seem informed about all of thew world events happening in the world during that time. Hashtags are used to connect people together about the same kinds of interests and hobbies. I personally do not believe there is no cultural significance for hashtags and they are just a way for people to express themselves. You can look up a hashtag for pretty much anything and there will always be posts with that hashtag because of how big they have become and how many people feel like they have to include 30+ hashtags in every single one of their posts to make themselves seem more interesting more than they are.
Use of hashtags in Social Media: Instagram vs. Facebook

Comments